One of the hottest trends in the current IT landscape is the area of IT Governance, Risk and Compliance. Organizations face mounting challenges in the onslaught of multiple compliance regulations, with Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), ISO 27001 ISMS, and Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS) being the most talked about in recent times. Through our Governance, Risk & Compliance portfolio, we aim to help our clients address key concerns with Risk and Compliance topics mentioned here, and beyond.
Security threats and IT risk management are becoming boardroom-level discussions. Today's high-profile data breaches have brought these issues to the forefront. How prepared are you to communicate IT risks in business-relevant terms? Can you provide a broad spectrum of stakeholders — business leaders, executives, audit and IT operations — with the information they need to understand the business impact of IT risks? To effectively prioritize and manage risk, you need an enterprise-wide view of your security posture. Yet most companies find themselves juggling a myriad of point-product solutions, each providing only a narrow tactical perspective. Consolidating and analyzing the massive amount of data generated by these solutions is time consuming, resource intensive and error-prone.
Research from the IT Policy Compliance Group shows that 70% of organizations are overspending on the audit process by a factor of two. Why is this? Many companies still use manual methods to address audit requirements. These manual methods result in duplicate efforts associated with assessing and collecting the same data multiple times for different mandates. Difficulty in interpreting these mandates and translating them into clear, measurable controls further drives up compliance costs. While some organizations use a variety of point-products to address their compliance requirements, this too can lead to inefficiencies as they try to consolidate data from multiple solutions.
Symantec Control Compliance Suite (CCS) helps you address these challenges by providing a solid framework on which to build your IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance program. CCS allows you to communicate IT risk in business-relevant terms, prioritize remediation efforts based on a composite view of risk, and automate assessment processes to improve your overall security and compliance posture. CCS provides a rich, data-driven view of your environment, allowing you to prioritize remediation efforts based on business criticality, rather than technical severity. Native assessment capabilities automatically evaluate technical and procedural controls, while pre-packaged connectors simplify integration of data from Symantec and non-Symantec solutions. CCS' unique and highly scalable data framework normalizes and analyzes all of this data, without the need to engage extensive professional services.
Critical System Protection
Leading organizations leverage Symantec Data Center Security (DCS) to secure their physical and virtual data centers. Delivering host-based intrusion detection (HIDS) and intrusion prevention (HIPS), Symantec provides a proven and comprehensive solution for server security. Achieve complete protection for VMware vSphere, stop zero-day and targeted attacks, and gain real-time visibility and control into compliance with Symantec DCS.
- File Integrity Monitoring: Identify changes to files in real-time, including who made the change and what changed within the file.
- Configuration Monitoring: Identify policy violations, suspicious administrators or intruder activity in real-time.
- Targeted Prevention Policy: Respond to server incursion or compromise immediately with quickly customizable hardening policies.
- Granular Intrusion Prevention Policies: Protect against zero day threats and restrict the behavior of approved applications even after they are allowed to run with least privilege access controls.
- File, system and admin lock down: Harden virtual and physical servers to maximize system uptime and avoid ongoing support costs for legacy operating systems.
- Broad Physical Platform Support: Monitor and protect Windows and non-Windows based platforms including Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX; additionally leverage Virtual Agents for unsupported/less common platforms.
- Protect and Monitor vSphere: Leveraging out-of-the-box policies based on the latest vSphere hardening guidelines, organizations are able to completely protect their environment – at the management server, hypervisor and guest.
- Centralized Management: Simplify administration of heterogeneous systems with real-time visibility into events and graphical reporting capabilities.
- Integration with IT GRC and SIEM Solutions: Supported integration with Symantec Control Compliance Suite for unified assessment and monitoring of infrastructure and information, as well as with Symantec Security Information Manager for advanced incident correlation and management.
Read more at this link to find out how Symantec DCS withstood multiple hacking attempts at the Black Hat Conference >> Symantec Critical System Protection: Hack-Proof at Black Hat
Security Intelligence and Compliance Analytics
SecurePath is a partner of Splunk, a market leader in offering big data solutions. Splunk's big data platform is immensely capable in handling vast amounts of data, all pumped in from various different sources. Splunk's proprietary search technology offers unparalleled speed and flexibility in search capabilities, making it a platform of choice for customers looking at consolidating vast amounts of data in one place, and effectively and efficiently sorting out the signal from the noise.
With Splunk's Enterprise Security add-on, the platform offers out-of-box capability in integrated security intelligence, harnessing security-relevant information from across your organization. The solution then uses analytics and automation to provide context and help you detect threats faster, identify vulnerabilities, prioritize risks and automate compliance activities. It applies real-time correlation and anomaly detection across a distributed and scalable repository of security information. Big data analytics enable more accurate security monitoring and better visibility, yet are packaged to be used by almost any organization small or large. With flexibility and pre-packaged capabilities, Splunk solutions help you achieve value faster and evolve your deployment as business changes.
- Analyze log, vulnerability, user and asset data through a single solution architecture
- Identify high-risk threats with near real-time correlation and behavioral anomaly detection
- Detect vulnerabilities and high-priority incidents among billions of data points
- Gain full visibility into network, application and user activity.
- Automate regulatory compliance with collection, correlation and reporting capabilities.
Identity & Access Management
SecurePath's Identity & Access Management (IAM) offering centers around NetIQ's solutions for Identity and Access Management. These solutions help organizations protect identity as a new security perimeter with controls to manage, enforce, and monitor user entitlements and access activities. Whether you are looking to securely adopt new business models such as cloud, mobile and social interactions, or tackling insider threats across the enterprise, NetIQ's Identity and Access Management solutions help organizations protect online resources from unauthorized access and comply with security regulations.
Secure identity as a new perimeter with NetIQ Identity and Access Management solutions
- We provide threat-aware Identity and Access Management solutions to help clients manage and secure identities as a key line of defense across multiple perimeters, providing secure online access in today’s mobile, cloud, and social environments.
- Identity and Access Management solutions are used to improve identity assurance, meet compliance needs, and reduce operational costs by providing insight and enforcement of user access to data, applications and infrastructure across the interconnected enterprise.
Safeguard mobile, cloud and social interactions
- Access Management – to validate “who is who“ when users connect from outside the enterprise and enforce proactive access policies on cloud, social and mobile collaboration channels
Prevent insider threat and identity fraud
- Privileged Account Management – to manage shared access inside the enterprise
- Access Management – to defend applications and access against targeted web attacks and vulnerabilities
Deliver intelligent Identity and Access Assurance
- Identity Management – to manage and automate the granting/revoking of user roles and privileges, and to assign/recertify/terminate user access rights in support of regulatory compliance
- Access Management - to authenticate users and provide secure access to protected IT resources
- Security Intelligence – to help reduce risk of security breaches with real-time user activity monitoring and anomaly detection across all security domains
Symantec Validation and ID Protection (VIP) Service is a leading cloud-based strong authentication service that enables enterprises to secure access to networks and applications while preventing access by malicious unauthorized attackers. A unified solution providing both two-factor and risk-based token-less authentication, VIP is based on open standards and can easily integrate into enterprise applications.
- Cloud-based authentication service deploys without requiring hardware or software installation.
- Wide choice of hardware and software one-time password (OTP) credentials, including free mobile phone credentials
- Leverage device and behavior profiling to deliver strong authentication without requiring hardware or software credentials.
- Integrates with enterprise infrastructure via RADIUS out-of-the-box or through plug-ins into popular enterprise applications.
- Out-of-box self-service application–including token activation, token synchronization.
I/T Asset Lifecycle Management
From managing the diversity in your operating systems, applications, and platforms to keeping users secure and productive in any location, our I/T Asset Lifecycle Management solutions deliver I/T flexibility and user freedom. Our principal, Symantec, provides a complete solution portfolio of endpoint and server management capabilities, to help you securely manage your I/T assets, reduce operational costs and improve operational efficiency.
Symantec also offers their ServiceDesk product, an automated incident response and problem resolution solution for quick, effective remediation of end user incidents, systemic problems and essential managed changes. ServiceDesk offers rapid install and configuration through a wizard-driven user interface and integrates directly with I/T Management Suite to reduce service interruptions, accelerate service restorations, correct systemic issues and reduce downtime – saving valuable I/T resources and expenses. ServiceDesk also offers the self-service option for users to manage individual requests for I/T support services. Self-service has historically been an extension of the help desk, employed as a means for processing tickets and helping reduce the burden on help desk operators. Today's self-service is more than just the next step in the evolution of I/T Service Management; it's also about providing end-users with a central portal for access and fulfillment. And a successful self-service implementation must leverage, and can actually benefit from, both the changing attitudes and expectations of employees' needs and the prevalence of "back office" I/T automation to deliver near real-time response.
- Gain IT Flexibility and User Freedom. Symantec IT Management Suite helps IT administrators securely manage endpoint configuration, PC personality migration, and software applications across Windows, Mac, Linux, UNIX, and virtual environments. Manage assets and patches to reduce costs and increase productivity. Reduce user downtime and increase IT efficiency through automated, repeatable processes.
- Automate Task Management for Desktops and Laptops. Symantec Client Management Suite automates time-consuming and redundant tasks for launching, managing, patching, and securing desktops and laptops. Reduce the cost and effort of managing Windows, Mac, Linux, and virtual desktop environments from a single product.
- Control your assets, ensure compliance, and uncover savings. Accurately track which software applications are being used and by whom, reduce costs by eliminating purchase of unnecessary software, ensure software compliance and prepare for audits, and use out-of-the box, visually informative KPI scorecards, dashboards, and reports.
- Standardize control for distributed server environments. Securely manage physical and virtual servers with a single solution, patch Microsoft and over 50 non-Microsoft applications, make smarter and faster decisions based on real-time data, and automate processes to reduce costs and complexity.