With the proliferation of the Internet, and with more and more businesses moving their core systems to the cloud and conducting business online, the threat and frequency of cyber attacks on these systems have seen an exponential growth in recent years. Driven mostly by financial gains, hackers these days target big organizations for their most valuable asset, i.e. data. Any form of data, be it credit card information, personal records, healthcare records, etc., that they can get hold of can easily be monetized in the black market these days, especially in places like the dark web. Organizations need to have a robust and exhaustive cyber defence strategy in order to counter all these attacks.
Our Endpoint Protection portfolio combines solutions from Symantec Endpoint Protection and FireEye HX Endpoint Security offerings. Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) goes beyond antivirus to deliver faster, more advanced protection against today’s sophisticated and targeted attacks. Protection layers include firewall, intrusion prevention and anti-virus in addition to Insight and SONAR. Symantec’s unique Insight reputation technology facilitates faster scan times, while SONAR delivers powerful protection against zero-day attacks by monitoring file behaviour. This industry-leading solution features a single high-powered agent with advanced management capabilities and support for multiple operating systems.
FireEye HX Endpoint Security is the next generation of endpoint protection. Not only can it help detect what anti-virus detects, but also what it misses. Its comprehensive endpoint visibility and threat intelligence enables analysts to adapt their defense based on real-time details to deploy informed, tailored responses to threat activity. FireEye Endpoint Security delivers protection beyond a single limited methodology. It enhances overall threat protection by integrating key security mechanisms within a single agent and threat management workflow system.
Advanced Threat Protection
Recent innovations in advanced threat protection (ATP), combined with new network forensics capabilities, are finally giving enterprise IT security teams the edge they need to defeat their cyber adversaries. Efficient investigation, and remediation processes are critical in today's high stakes security world. A robust ATP solution provides the telemetry that feeds targeted attack detections, the deep forensic records that speed investigations, and powerful tools to quickly remediate breaches. The ATP solutions in our portfolio are built on strong preventive protections in endpoint, network, email and cloud infrastructure.
- Content and Malware Analysis. Symantec's Content Analysis is the most effective way to detect file based malware. It integrates with Symantec Proxy, ASG, WSS, Endpoint Protection, ATP Platform, Secure Message Gateway, CASB, Email Security Service, & WAF.
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Symantec EDR – aka ATP Endpoint – applies machine learning and behavioral analytics to detect and expose suspicious activity. It enables you to hunt for threats by searching for indicators of compromise across all endpoints in real time. Symantec EDR prioritizes incidents allowing you to navigate endpoint activity records for a full forensic analysis of potential attacks.
- Security Analytics. Symantec Security Analytics delivers enriched, full-packet capture for full network security visibility, advanced network forensics, anomaly detection, and real-time content inspection for all network traffic. Armed with this detailed record, you can conduct forensic investigations, respond quickly to incidents, and resolve breaches in a fraction of the time you would spend with conventional processes.
- Threat Intelligence. FireEye Helix solution helps you expand visibility into your security landscape by integrating all security tools to surface real threats and manage alert volume. It will also overlay intelligence, rules and analytics onto existing alerts and event data to identify advanced threats. You can also accelerate response with best practice playbooks from frontline security experts, and inform threat monitoring, triage and investigation with frontline intelligence.
- Network Security. FireEye Network Security is an advanced threat protection and breach detection platform that provides industry leading threat visibility and protection against the world’s most sophisticated and damaging attacks. By leveraging FireEye’s unique technologies and threat intelligence, FireEye Network Security detects what other security solutions miss, providing holistic security from the perimeter to the network core.
Web & Cloud Security
Foreseeing the market trends over recent years, our solution principals are driving a new definition of Web and Cloud security. By integrating advanced threat protection, CASB SaaS Controls, web risk, and data security into their web gateway solutions, they provide a simple path to safely adopt cloud applications and architectures. Connected environments—like mobile and Internet of Things—introduce new attack surfaces that must be protected. Increased use of SaaS Cloud Apps are driving the need for new compliance and security controls, while forcing network architects to rethink network designs. The best way to protect this vulnerable landscape is via cloud generation gateways to broker the interactions devices have with the world around them. Doing so allows organizations to perform in-depth inspection and gain complete visibility, even when endpoint security cannot be used.
- Encrypted Traffic Management. Symantec Proxy and SSL Visibility Appliance decrypt traffic, feed existing security infrastructure, and maintain privacy compliance.
- Secure Web Gateway. Symantec presents a sophisticated ecosystem of technologies working together to protect your organization in the cloud, from the web, to social media, to mobile networks. A secure web gateway identifies malicious payloads and controls dangerous content.
- CASB Cloud Security. Use cloud applications and services with confidence while staying safe, secure, and compliant. Gain visibility into shadow IT, govern data in cloud apps, and protect against threats targeting cloud accounts with our Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB).
- Web Isolation. Symantec Web Isolation prevents malware and phishing threats while allowing broad web access through the isolation of uncategorized and potentially risky traffic.
Email technology has been around for a long time, but email security threats seem to be ever-changing in nature, with new forms of compromise emerging constantly. A robust email security solution is essential in protecting your most basic, and yet arguably most critical of your business needs, the humble email system. A good email security solution should help answer the following questions definitively:
- How do I keep my organization from being held hostage by ransomware proliferated through emails?
- How do I ensure safe cloud adoption?
- How can I overcome gullibility to keep my company out of the headlines?
- Spear phishing is scarily sophisticated. How do we not get caught?
- How do I contain intrusions so they don’t explode into full-blown breaches?
In response to the above, our Email Security portfolio offers solutions to all of the questions above.
- Email Security.cloud. Reject malware, spam, and malicious links with a cloud-based application that integrates with Office 365, Google Apps, and more.
- Advanced Threat Protection for Email. Symantec's Advanced Threat Protection for Email and FireEye's EX Email Security solutions protect against most sophisticated email threats and gain comprehensive insights in advanced email attacks.
- Messaging Gateway. Defend your email perimeter against spam, malware, and targeted attacks with content filtering, data loss prevention, and encryption.
- Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange. Protect against malware, phishing, and targeted attacks, blocking 99% of spam with less than one in 1 million false positives.